If you encounter this issue, please ensure that you have downloaded our latest version, currently UltraViewer 6.6, from our homepage at http://ultraviewer.net/en/
This issue is usually related to a network problem. There are three major cases that can cause this issue:
1. Please Ensure You Are Using the Latest Version
Please make sure you have downloaded our latest version, currently UltraViewer 6.6, from our homepage at http://ultraviewer.net/en/.
2. Your Firewall May Be Blocking UltraViewer
If you are encountering issues, try the following steps:
- Open UltraViewer and navigate to Settings > Options.
- Change the setting for 'Connect using port' to Port 2112.
- Restart the software to see if it works properly.
Make sure your firewall is not blocking Port 2112 or the main process of the software: UltraViewer_desktop.exe.
3. Check Your Proxy Settings in Internet Options
If you suspect incorrect proxy settings are causing the issue, follow these steps:
- Open UltraViewer and go to Settings > Options.
- Change the proxy setting to No proxy (connect directly to the internet).
Optional: You can also access Internet Options by going to Start and searching for Internet Options (if you're using Windows Vista and above) or in Internet Explorer under Options. Check your proxy settings or remove the proxy settings.
- Turn off any fake IP software if you believe it may be causing the issue.
If you continue to experience issues with 'getting my ID' on UltraViewer after following these instructions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you.
Thank you for choosing UltraViewer!